Tredegar House 3d model
3dmdb logo
3DWarehouse
Tredegar House

Tredegar House

by 3DWarehouse
Last crawled date: 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Tredegar House was originally built by Sir John Morgan in 1490. Sir John was anearly supporter of Henry VII, after Henry's victory at the Battle of Bosworth Field, he was rewarded for his early loyalty to the new king. He then built a large stone house with some of his new fortune. It was enlarged to its current state by Sir William Morgan in 1672, when it replaced Plas Machen as the residence of the captain branch of the Morgan family, the House of Tredegar. It remained the residence of the Lords of Tredegar until it was sold in 1951. On a side note, at its height, the Tredegar Estate included over 40,000 acres in Monmouthshire, Broconshire, and Glamorganshire. #Morgan #Tredegar

Tags