3DWarehouse

Birmingham New Street Station, Birmingham, UK

by 3DWarehouse
Birmingham New Street opened in 1854. Currently it handles about 80 per cent of the daily total services to Birmingham, including long distance trains from Euston to the north, services from the south and the south-west to Scotland, Newcastle and Manchester/Liverpool and the east-west services to East Anglia and through Central Wales. The station serves over 31 million people every year. Chronology The original station was opened by the London and North Western Railway (LNWR) on 1 June 1854. Midland Railway (MR) station opened on 8 February 1885 and was built immediately alongside the original. The joint committee LNWR and MR was formed in 1897. LNWR roof was removed between 1948 and 1952. The power signal box was built in 1964. The entire station was completely rebuilt in 1967. The rebuilt station was designed by the British Rail Midland regional architect and his team. reference: http://www.networkrail.co.uk/

Tags